Desert Bound 2020 COVID-19 Update and Cancellation

After careful consideration, extensive research, and much deliberation, the Arizona Shibari Studio team has decided to cancel Desert Bound 2020. The first weekend of July is simply too soon to guarantee the safety of attendees, presenters, and staff in light of current disease patterns with COVID-19, the absence of a vaccine, and the nature of our event. We are deeply sorry to make this announcement, but we feel strongly that the safety of our community is and must always be our highest priority.

We did look into delaying Desert Bound 2020 to the fall, however due to issues with scheduling relative to other events and the availability of staff and presenters, this is simply not a feasible option.

Fortunately, nearly all of our 2020 presenters are available and excited to present for Desert Bound 2021, including ALL of our headliners! We are excited to announce that the schedule, presenters, venue, and offerings you were looking forward to in 2020 are going to be happening on July 1-4, 2021.

We have 2 options for all of our ticketed attendees:

  • Option 1: A full refund on your ticket (including event ticket and class tickets) for DB 2020
  • Option 2: Keep your DB 2020 ticket and we will apply it free of charge to Desert Bound 2021!!! That means you have all the special classes you have reserved, a guaranteed spot at the 2021 event (VIP or general admission), and you get to take advantage of any discounted ticket price that you have already paid.

Please remember to contact the hotel to cancel your room reservations for 2020. Once we have completed the pricing agreements for 2021, we will let you know so you can have first choice of rooms!

Please email us your preference about your tickets ASAP so we can get things sorted for you:

We are so thankful to share this community with you all, as well as for your continued interest in and support of Desert Bound. We look forward to seeing you at Desert Bound 2021!


The Arizona Shibari Studio team

Arizona Shibari Studio Update

In these challenging times, the Arizona Shibari Studio and Desert Bound team are committed to the safety of our community. We are keeping a close eye on the COVID-19 pandemic and have postponed all of our local classes.

Based on the patterns of infection across the world so far, as well as the ongoing work to develop a vaccine and effective treatments for those ill with the virus, we anticipate that by July we will be able to safely proceed with Desert Bound, and by August we hope to start A.S.S curriculum back up. If you are ill or unable to attend and the convention proceeds in July, we will fully refund your tickets at that time.

We wish the best of health to all of you. Please adhere to the principle of social distancing at this time and help us all slow the spread!